Patients who have lost a great deal of weight, either through diet and exercise alone or in combination with bariatric surgery, are always delighted to have lost that weight but, the unfortunate side effect is often lots of hanging skin that, aside from appearances, can cause physical discomfort while exercising and make it difficult to enjoy their slimmer bodies. After significant weight loss many patients have considerable amounts of extra skin at many areas of their bodies. Removing extra skin and re-contouring the body involves procedures such as a belt lipectomy, tummy tuck, breast lift, buttock lift, arm tuck (aka brachioplasty or arm lift), thigh tuck and other procedures. Doctor Gerut has significant expertise in these areas and has lectured internationally on these topics to other plastic surgeons.
Board certified New York plastic surgeon Dr. Zachary Gerut performs the following procedures to help those patients:
- Thighplasty, thigh tuck or thigh lift: lifting the loose skin and tissues on the inner and/or outer thighs for a firmer appearance.
- Arm Tuck, Arm Lift, or Brachioplasty: removing the “bat wings” that hang beneath the upper arms.
- Belt lipectomy: a 360 degree tummy tuck that improves both front and back of the abdomen.
- Liposuction: removing areas of fat for a smoother appearance.
- Breast Lift: eliminating the breast sagging that occurs with weight loss.
- Buttock Lift: lift and define the buttocks for a more appealing projection and shape.
All body augmentation procedures require incisions to remove excess skin. Incision length depends on the amount and location of excess skin to be removed. Some procedures are performed in stages. Click the links above for more details about each procedure.